Covid-19 Useful Links
To support you during this time, we have put together a list of services that you and your family may require:
- Police: 101 or Emergency 999
- NHS Direct: 111
- Child Line: 0800 1111
- Children’s Services: 0300 123 4043
- Samaritans: 116 123 - https://www.samaritans.org/
- World Health Organisation - https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf?sfvrsn=f3a063ff_2
- World Health Organisation - https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/coping-with-stress.pdf?sfvrsn=9845bc3a_2
- Watford foodbank: 07925 813027 - http://www.watfordfoodbank.co.uk/
- Jobcentre Plus: 0800 055 6688
- Refuge: 0808 200 0247 – www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Women’s Aid: 0808 800 0028 - https://bswaid.org/ - text service: 08001 08088000028
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327 - www.mensadviceline.org.uk
Debt advice and financial support
- Money Advice Service: 0800 138 7777 - https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en
- Citizens Advice Bureau - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
- Watford Salvation Army: 01923 801169 - https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/watford
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Hertfordshire Area: 01707 278 389 - http://www.cruse.org.uk/
- Hope again – young people living after loss: 0808 808 1677 - https://www.hopeagain.org.uk/
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Delivering Special Provision Locally - http://dsplarea9.org.uk/ - Local partnership focused on meeting the needs of young people with SEND. Many useful links for all children not just those with SEND.
- Integrated Services for Learning: 01992 588574 - 2:00-4:30pm speak directly to an Educational Psychologist to discuss your child’s development, learning or emotional wellbeing.
- Social stories and comic strip cartoons - https://www.autism.org.uk/about/strategies/social-stories-comic-strips.aspx
- Contact (national charity for families of children with disabilities) - https://www.contact.org.uk/
- IMAT SEND Support Numbers
- EP Contact line
- Autism Advice Line
- Supporting Learners with SEND
Communication and autism needs
- Communication and autism Specialist Advisory Teachers: 01442 453920 - daily between 10am and 2pm (term time) to provide advice and guidance for parents and carers. They are unable to provide advice in relation to the coronavirus or the duration of school closures.
- Coronavirus Social Stories:
Asthma UK have issued the following health advice
If you are worried about the Mental Health and Wellbeing of you or your family, if you require support and advice about your child’s behaviour at home or if you are isolated and need a familiar person to talk to please contact Mrs Hayward, our Pastoral Team Leader on the main school number 01923 221269.
There is a dedicated mobile phone number for each school within the IMAT which is operational between 9am and 5pm. Now that the school is fully open, please contact the school office during normal school hours to speak to Mrs Hayward.
For outside school hours, please send a text with your name and the name of your child/children. Staff will respond to the text by calling you back within 24 hours. Where a text is received on a Friday, expect to be called the following Monday. If it is urgent and you need a quicker response, please type URGENT at the beginning of the text. Thank you to our amazing Pastoral Leads who have set this great service up.
Beechfield - 07535 177903
If you have any useful sites or advice, please feel free to forward them to us so we can share them - email@example.com