Our Parent Council group for parents/carers of Beechfield School pupils was launched in September 2016. New members are always welcome. It is a great opportunity to have a voice within the school in an informal forum to discuss issues and make suggestions about areas that are important to you. It is an important link between parents and the school and allows parents to contribute to school life and the wellbeing of our children. Some areas that may be covered are home school communication, behaviour, and uniform.
Key findings of Parent Councils UK (www.parentcouncils.co.uk)
- Parental involvement has a significant effect on pupil achievement throughout the years of schooling
- Educational failure is increased by lack of parental interest in schooling
- Engaging hard to reach parents has a disproportionately positive effect on student learning and student achievement
- A father’s interest in a child’s schooling is strongly linked to better educational outcomes for the child
- In a recent study in England 72% of parents said that they wanted more involvement
We aim to meet near the end or start of each half-term in school time between 2:15 – 3:15.
We are in the process of planning dates for the rest of the year – details to follow soon.
If you would like to be part of the Parent Council or would like to make any comments or agenda suggestions, please contact Miss Newman in the office or speak to a Parent Council member at school. We would like the parent council to be a good representation of our parents so you will be very welcome.
Parent Council minutes 2017/18
Wednesday 8th November 2:15 – 3:15
Parent Council minutes 2016/17
The written calculations policy was discussed at the Spring 1 meeting. Parents were asked to read through in preparation for the Spring 2 meeting where we will discuss the policy, the methods taught and any potential workshops needed. Please download from here WRITTEN CALCULATIONS POLICY July 2014
Minutes to follow