We Achieved a Bronze Eco-Schools Award
After achieving a Bronze Eco-Schools Award, Beechfield will now focus on achieving the Silver Eco-Schools Award.
Beechfield's achievement of the Bronze Award is in recognition of the work done to complete the first three steps in achieving the internationally recognised Green Flag Award.
To achieve the Bronze Award, the following criteria were met:
- Beechfield has an Eco-Committee consisting of pupils and adults
- The group meets at least once every term
- Records are kept of meetings
- The Eco-Committee has completed an Environmental Review covering the Eco-Schools nine topics
- Results of the review have been discussed by the Eco-Committee
- The Eco-Committee has produced a basic Action Plan influenced by the Environmental Review and shared the plan with the rest of the school community
- The Eco-Committee can identify progress towards achieving elements of the Action Plan
- The school can indicate that environmental issues have been covered within curriculum work
Involving the whole school and wider community
- The school has a prominent, designated notice board, detailing Eco-Schools activities
Next, Beechfield will strive to achieve the Silver Eco-Schools award, and then the prestigious Green Flag Award.