11+ Exam Registrations South West Herts Consortium*
The 11+ exam is a test taken by some Year 6 pupils when they start Year 6 in September. It is not compulsory, but if you want to apply for a place in some secondary schools in Hertfordshire, your child will have to sit the test. Registration for the 11+ exams usually opens in April or May when your child is in Year 5. Some schools also have other tests, such as a a music test, or a PE Aptitude test which must be applied for at the same time, via the South-West Herts Consortium Website.
There are seven partially selective schools in South-West Hertfordshire which require applicants to sit the 11+ Test and/or another test:
- Croxley Danes (a percentage of places are offered based on music results)
- Parmiter's (a percentage of places offered based on results of the music and 11+ tests)
- Queens' (percentage of places offered based on results of the music, sport and 11+ tests)
- Rickmansworth (a percentage of places offered based on results of music and 11+ tests)
- St Clement Danes (a percentage of places offered based on results of music and 11+ tests)
- WBGS (a percentage of places offered based on results of music and 11+ tests)
- WGGS (a percentage of places offered based on results of music and 11+ tests)
Clicking on the schools' links above will take you to their admissions pages where you can see their admissions criteria, and also download a Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
Results of the 11+ test are usually available in October, and can be a guide when applying for a Secondary School Place here
Please note, Bushey Meads is no longer part of the SW Herts Consortium. See all schools' admissions page for Admissions Criteria, and apply for a place for all Secondary Schools on the Herts Admissions site.
*The documents posted on this page contain external links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for the user’s convenience. Beechfield School does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of this outside information. The inclusion of links or pointers to particular items is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended as an endorsement by Beechfield School of any views expressed or products or services offered on these outside sites or the organisations sponsoring the sites. Beechfield School does not endorse individual vendors, products or services. Therefore, any reference herein to any vendor, product or services by trade name, trademark, or manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation or approval of Beechfield School.