Chartwells are the caterers who provide school meals at Beechfield. From September 2023 the price will be £2.45 per meal. Meals must be paid for in advance through the Arbor App.
Please note the current menu (which is the winter term menu) will continue until the end of the Spring Term 2024.
For those who choose to bring in a packed lunch please follow these guidelines below:
A healthy packed lunch should include:
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. wholegrain roll, tortilla wrap, chapatti, pitta pocket, pasta or rice salad. Try different breads or other starchy foods for variety.
- A portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, e.g. chicken, ham, beef, tuna, egg, beans or hummus.
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. an apple, satsuma, handful of cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks, small tub of fruit salad or a small box of raisins. Use brightly coloured fruit and vegetables.
- A portion of dairy food, e.g. cheese, yoghurt or fromage frais.
- A drink of water will be provided by the school.
- Packed lunches should not contain chocolate bars or sweets.
Having a healthy lunch does not mean giving up all the foods children enjoy. Foods such as a slice of malt loaf or banana bread, a fruit scone, a small packet of crisps or a biscuit can be included from time to time for variety and appeal.
Please do not include anything containing nuts, even if your child is not allergic to nuts.
Lunchboxes must be clearly labelled with your child’s name and class.
Some great ideas for healthy lunches can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/change4life-beta/