Chartwells will begin providing meals at Beechfield school from Monday 3rd June 2019. The price will remain at £2.15 per meal and must be paid for in advance via the School Gateway.
In the meantime, please do not pay Caterlink for meals beyond the 24th May. If you know that you have already paid for meals beyond the 24th May, please contact the office who will arrange a refund for you.
This is a great opportunity for children, including those who normally have a packed lunch, to try the new menu.
Please click on this link for the menu: Chartwells Menu
For those who choose to bring in a packed lunch please follow these guidelines below:
A healthy packed lunch should include:
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. wholegrain roll, tortilla wrap, chapatti, pitta pocket, pasta or rice salad. Try different breads or other starchy foods for variety.
- A portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, e.g. chicken, ham, beef, tuna, egg, beans or hummus.
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. an apple, satsuma, handful of cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks, small tub of fruit salad or a small box of raisins. Use brightly coloured fruit and vegetables.
- A portion of dairy food, e.g. cheese, yogurt or fromage frais.
- A drink of water will be provided by the school.
- Packed lunches should not contain chocolate bars or sweets.
Having a healthy lunch does not mean giving up all the foods children enjoy. Foods such as a slice of malt loaf or banana bread, a fruit scone, a small packet of crisps or a biscuit can be included from time to time for variety and appeal.
Please do not include anything containing nuts, even if your child is not allergic to nuts.
Lunchboxes must be clearly labelled with your child’s name and class.
Some great ideas for healthy lunches can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/change4life-beta/