Snow Day Information
At Beechfield School we will always endeavour to keep the school open, however on occasion, severe weather may mean that it is unsafe for children and staff to get in to school.
With this in mind, if you think the school may be closed due to severe weather conditions, please follow the guidance below:
- Check on Hertfordshire County Council’s website www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
- Listen to local radio BOB FM 106.7 & 106.9
- Check the Head's Twitter feed @HeadBeechfield
- Please do not call the school as it will be unlikely anyone will be on site.
If we are still open:
- Please walk to school if it is safe and practical to do so.
- If you have to drive, please drive safely and park away from the school to avoid congestion, taking care not to obstruct driveways.
- Volunteer to help clear snow from the playground (bring a shovel!).
If we are closed:
- Stay safe and have fun.
- Keep checking our social media for regular updates.
- Volunteer to help clear snow from the playground to help get the school open.
Snow Day Information:
If school needs to close unexpectedly, your child’s learning can still continue at home. Here are some suggestions:
- Wrap up warm and play in the snow
- Write a recount of your snow play
- Snuggle up with a good book
- Create a snowy picture
- Take photographs of a snowy scene and write a sentence about the picture
- Practise your times tables
- Write instructions about how to build a snowman
- Write a newspaper report about the snow
- Write a story about an adventure in the snow
- Write a snow poem
- Write a letter to someone in a hot country where they never have snow and tell them what it is like here in the UK.